Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2 weeks!

Well our little micro n00bs have made it to the 2 week mark. To be honest, I didn't think they would make it this far. They are making good progress, putting on weight and becoming more and more fluffy by the day. Though, the last 2 days have seen a bit of a plateau on the weight gain front, that is fairly normal and I have my fingers crossed for a growth spurt over the next couple of days to compensate.

We are still feeding every 3 hours, which is completely exhausting so I am looking forward to increasing that period as their tummys get bigger, and beginning the weaning process in a week or two. They are already very much able to track the smell of the milk, and suckle readily on my hands, fingers arms... pretty much anywhere so it makes me more confident that they will be able to start drinking from a bowl on occasion in a week or so. I had initially wanted to change to 4 hourly feeds from today, but with the smaller weight gains over the past 2 nights I will continue with 3 hourly until they give me some good figures. I am definitely looking forward to the greater hours in between. The fact that I've gone off caffeine due to high blood pressure has made this rather more difficult than it usually is too. I can't just crawl out of bed in the morning to the coffee machine and let the caffeine do its thing. I actually have to get sleep!

Weights on 26/12:
Cream Tabby: 258g
Tabby: 239g
Black: 265g


They curl their tails up like this when they have had enough milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment