Thursday, November 25, 2010

5 Is our Lucky Number

5 seems to be a really good number for "the bubbies" as I call them. They were 5 weeks old yesterday, and I weighed them today with the results being 505g (Spot/Cheeky) and 550g (Dora/Cookie). Lots of 5's. Still very small for 5 weeks but they are growing.

We have started calling them different names so I can teach them to come to their name (yes you CAN train a cat, it just doesn't work like dogs) but they had to be more generic since "cheeky" might put off some prospective adoptive parents and Dora could be embarrassing if it turned out she was a he (which I think is the case - still hard to tell!).

Today's achievements:
What can I climb ma? - Cookie (Dora - the long haired one) now has an eye on anything and everything above him/her to see how far up s/he can get. This is a good sign as it means he/she is more steady on his/her feet. I found Spot (Cheeky) on top of their enclosure yesterday too. Can't wait to get them into the downstairs enclosure where they can climb about. Could be a while yet though. They desperately need a scratching post - I might buy a climbing one this afternoon.

Wheeeeee - Cookie took his/her first grand slide on his/her bum across the lino floor in their room today whilst scampering away from spot. They love to play chasies. It seems they have finally discovered the momentum of running can allow one to skid along on one's behind thus relieving one from running as far. Clever Cookie!

Would love to have posted newly updated (and now much more fluffy and getting cuter by the second) pictures, but I think Jinx (the eldest) has decided to take up photography and absconded with my camera. Nothing is sacred in this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment