Friday, November 19, 2010

The very first Bailment Kittens ever!

Rewind to December 2009. We have barely moved into our new house, and I haven't yet constructed the long-awaited enclosure underneath the house (which is a Queenslander), which we've been intending to build for foster kittens/cats.  I think we'd been in the new house for about a week (arbie will correct me if I'm wrong) when we got a call from the Animal Welfare League who had a litter of kittens which needed foster care until they were large enough to be desexed and rehomed.

We were then inundated with cuteness!  The four fluffy little bundles of cute in the picture to the left were Lara (one of the grey ones), Diana (the other grey one), Lois (the brown tortie) and Clarke (the ginger tabby).  

Clarke (on the left, shown making a play for the left-over milk from arbie's breakfast cereal) quickly became my favourite of the bunch and I was sorely tempted to keep him.  Arbie felt much the same way about Lois.  Eventually though, all four of them returned to the AWL for desexing and rehoming, and quickly found themselves new homes.

(edit: arbie informs me that we had owned the new house for only four days before we got these guys!  We still had the moving van relocating stuff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment