Monday, January 16, 2012

What a difference two months makes: a Cali retrospective

Sigh...  She's only been gone for twelve hours and I'm missing her already.  This is one of the sucky things about fostering.  Usually we give them back before we get too attached to them, but Cali (or Callie, as I used to spell it) was here for so long, and needed so much one-on-one attention after her siblings went to their forever homes, that she kind of snuck under my defences.

Anyhow, I was looking back through my photos of this furry little menace and I thought I'd share with you some "before", "during" and "after" photos to illustrate her progress as she grows from a dirty-nosed little furball to a beautiful, sleek kitten.  As will become apparent, the later photos were taken with a semi-pro DSLR with off-camera lighting, and the earliest photos were taken with my phone using available light.  The reason for this is simply because when they're very young, the off-camera strobe lighting could hurt their eyes.

Without further ado, I present the Cali retrospective:

4 November 2011 - weight 300g
4 November 2011 - weight 300g
 4 November 2011 - weight 300g
9 November 2011 - video of Cali getting a bottle feeding

13 November 2011 - weight 426g
13 November 2011 - weight 426g
11 December 2011 - weight ~970g
11 December 2011 - weight ~970g
20 December 2011 (the day before her siblings went back to the RSPCA)
Weight >1kg

20 December 2011 (the day before her siblings went back to the RSPCA)
Weight >1kg
20 December 2011 (the day before her siblings went back to the RSPCA)
Weight >1kg
15 January 2011
(the day before Cali went back to the RSPCA)
(Weight well >1kg)
If you compare the above photo (taken yesterday) with the one below (taken two months ago) it becomes apparent how much she's grown!  She has been photographed in the same compartment in the same piece of efficient Swedish furniture.

13 November 2011 (and Addy gate-crashing the set)
To wrap up, the below is one of my favourite photos of her, which I took last night.  I think it perfectly captures her feisty nature as, poised to leap into action, she gazes boldly into the distance.  I think it has something of the quality of Guerrillero Herico about it.

We'll miss you, Cali

No comments:

Post a Comment